Sunday 26 August 2012

Blackpool Sands Dartmouth - Inspired by the Sea

Blackpool Sands Dartmouth, 
by Dartmouth Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Blackpool Sands Dartmouth
Image Title: Passage
Fine Art Landscape Photographer: Craig Howarth

This image was taken in very rough weather, the wind was high the waves were crashing against and over the headland rocks. What is normally a stream meeting the sea was a fast flowing, deep and powerful river.

As I was setting up the camera on the tripod the pebble bank on which I was standing was falling away, I knelt gently while I got the 45 second exposure shot. Just after a massive shelf of pebbles gave way, which leaves me feeling pretty lucky I got this fantastic shot, even with the moon in the sky!

To view more of my Fine Art landscape photography please visit:


On display at White Sails Gallery & Stokeley Farm - Dartmouth.